Tuesday, June 12, 2012

26th Birthday Celebration



I am 26.

Kind of old, but still a young one in certain, less-amicable standards.

Last June 12, I celebrated my birthday by covering the Independence Day Celebrations held yearly at the Rizal Park in Manila.

It was a wet morning, although I would categorize it more as an ambiguous one, because although there were torrents of rain that came, they were sporadic, and for brief intervals, the sunshine seeped through the clouds,  even coming out for minutes on end, which meant that it was both hot and cold.

That, my friends, is how you make a bad sentence. Along the lines of "A dark, stormy night" variety.

It was a bit uncomfortable though.

I did get some good shots of the opening ceremonies though.

The Rizal Memorial is lined with men in uniform as Philippine Masons pay homage.






The Philippine Flag raised high above Rizal Park.






It has a nice symmetry, doesn't it?




A soldier stands guard at the Rizal Memorial.



The flag goes up during the flag ceremony.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That last picture's really lovely.